Anti-ghostwriting procedure and plagiarism detection policy
The editorial board of the journal Oeconomia Copernicana implements anti-ghostwriting procedure and strict plagiarism detection policy. The journal content is indexed in Similarity Check, the CrossRef initiative to prevent scholarly and professional plagiarism.
Anti ghostwriting procedure: the editors consider the "ghostwriting" and "guest authorship" as a sign of very serious scientific misconduct. All the detected cases of the ghostwriting" and "guest authorship" will be exposed, including notification of relevant institutions. As a result, the publisher of the journal Equilibrium has introduced procedures to address the phenomena of "ghostwriting" and "guest authorship". All the authors must fulfill and sign the declaration concerning "ghostwriting" and "guest authorship" (in application form ).
The definitions of "ghostwriting" and "guest authorship" by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (source: http://www.nauka.gov.pl/):
We have a situation of the "ghostwriting" if someone has made a substantial contribution to a given publication, without disclosing his/her participation as one of the authors and without mentioning his/her role in the acknowledgments of the publication.
We have a situation of the guest authorship " (" honorary authorship "), if the contribution of a given author is minimal or does not have a place, and in spite of this he/she is the author or co-author of a given publication.
We invite all individuals involved in research in Poland, as well as economists from foreign scientific centers to cooperate with us. All the works sent to us are verified by the Scientific Council and after preliminary qualification shall be forwarded for anonymous evaluation by independent reviewers.
- In Oeconomia Copernicana, only articles in English are published. Only the articles with a high quality of English language will be qualified for reviewing and final publication process.
- Only the works published for the first time appear in our journal.
- The article, together with literature and abstracts, must have the minimum length of 20 thousand characters and the maximum lenghts of 35 thousand charactes with spaces. If the article is longer than 35 thousand characters, the author is charges with additional publiation fee.
- Title references to any material that has been provided by a previous authors, or been published in another source should be set in harmonization with Harvard norms – APA styles (American Psychological Association 6th edition). The article must fulfill all the formatting and editorial criteria that are available in formatting template at website of the journal in download section. The articles should be prepared in the formatting template.
- The condition for forwarding the text for the reviewing process is an absolute compliance with the editorial requirements. The evaluation form is available for download in the download section.
- Specific methodological requirements for research papers
The papers submitted to Oeconomia Copernicana should contain results of empirical research and are strictly evaluated in regard to their methodological rigor. The article must provide detailed information on the applied methods. The information on methodology must include:
a) dates of research (field work) or time period of the analyzed data;
b) data sources used and the empirical research;
c) description of the data collection methods and source of the data (e.g., national/international official statistics, surveys, interviews, observations, experiments, content analysis etc.);
d) in the case of presentation of survey results: structure of the population, type of the sample, its size and information about its adjustments, as well as sampling error; type of the questions (e.g., open, closed, semi-closed, etc.); authors of methodological tools;
e) description of the methods of data analysis (e.g., also in the case of basic statistical methods such as estimating correlation coefficients – their statistical dependencies must be indicated; when using factor analysis – the percentage of explained variance has to be provided);
f) brief summary on the positive and negative aspects of applied methods: testing of methodological tools, difficulties in the implementation of the initial research concept, discovery of the problems with the methodological tools, unpredictable organizational and methodical situations.
g) in the main body of the article the author must directly refer to all tables and figures, for example: “Figure 1 presents the results…”; “The results of the research given in figure 1 indicate…”. When formatting tables one should indicate specific information about the provided data.
- Manuscripts should be submitted online at website of the journal: http://oeconomia.pl/index.php/paper-submission. With the electronic version of the text all graphs, figures and drawings in editing form with the original files such as Excel, must be submitted. The formal condition for starting the evaluation and publication process is submission of signed and scanned article submission card in a PDF file. The article submission card is available in the download section. The article submission card contains the statement of transfer of copyrights/related rights. In addition, the author should send by regular mail a hardcopy of the article submission card to the address:
Wydział Nauk Ekonomicznych i Zarządzania
Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika
Ul. Gagarina 13A
After successful online submission the author receives the automatic e-mail confirmation that the files have been uploaded to the system.
In accordance with the Law of Poland on Protection of Personal Data in the case of rejection of the article all the submitted documents in electronic version will be deleted from the publication system, hardcopy documents will be removed from the publisher’s documentation and destroyed.
- Unsolicited materials will not be returned.
- The author, after the decision of editorial board (the first stage of evaluation process, which usually takes about two weeks), receives electronic information about acceptance of the paper and its transfer to the reviewers.
- Publication fee: majority of the cost of publication is funded by Article Publication Charges paid by authors or their institutes. Article Publication Charges allow for articles to be made freely available Open Access to all readers. Standard publication fee for authors with Polish affiliation is 950,00 PLN; standard publication fee for authors with non-Polish affiliation is 200 Euro. The publication fee has to be paid after submitted paper is reviewed and accepted for publishing. Invited articles are published free of charge.