Anti-ghostwriting procedure and plagiarism detection policy
The editorial board of the journal Oeconomia Copernicana implements anti-ghostwriting procedure and strict plagiarism detection policy. The journal content is indexed in Similarity Check, the CrossRef initiative to prevent scholarly and professional plagiarism.
Anti ghostwriting procedure: the editors consider the "ghostwriting" and "guest authorship" as a sign of very serious scientific misconduct. All the detected cases of the ghostwriting" and "guest authorship" will be exposed, including notification of relevant institutions. As a result, the publisher of the journal Oeconomia Copernicana has introduced procedures to address the phenomena of "ghostwriting" and "guest authorship". All the authors must fulfill and sign the declaration concerning "ghostwriting" and "guest authorship" (in application form ).
We have a situation of the "ghostwriting" if someone has made a substantial contribution to a given publication, without disclosing his/her participation as one of the authors and without mentioning his/her role in the acknowledgments of the publication.
We have a situation of the guest authorship " (" honorary authorship "), if the contribution of a given author is minimal or does not have a place, and in spite of this he/she is the author or co-author of a given publication.
We invite all individuals involved in research in Poland, as well as economists from foreign scientific centers to cooperate with us. All the works sent to us are verified by the Scientific Council and after preliminary qualification shall be forwarded for anonymous evaluation by independent reviewers.
1. The language quality standards: in Oeconomia Copernicana, only articles in English are published. Only the articles with a high quality of English language will be qualified for reviewing and final publication process. As a result, the authors whose articles are evaluated by the reviewers as lower than very good (see the evaluation form in download section), during resubmission of the corrected papers are required to provide confirmation of the proofreading service, which is issued by professional proofreading service provider. We stress that in the case of unacceptable language quality of the resubmitted version of the paper, it will be finally rejected by the language editor and will not be provided to subject and statistical editors for final merit evaluation. In the case of proofreading standards, the editorial board especially encourages the authors to take advantage of the international proofreading services provided by such institutions as Elsevier (see Elsevier Language Editing Services), or other international, or national proofreading service provider, which can guarantee high quality.
2. Only the works published for the first time appear in our journal.The similarity index for every article is verified twice (after submission and before final publication acceptance) with application of Similarity Check, the CrossRef initiative to prevent scholarly and professional plagiarism.
3. The article, together with literature and abstracts, must have the minimum length of 20 thousand characters. There is not set maximum limit of the length for the article. However, the standard Article Publication Charges are applied for the articles with the maximum lengths of 35 thousand characters with spaces. If the article is longer than 35 thousand characters, the author is charged additional publication fee.
4. Title references to any material that has been provided by a previous authors, or been published in another source should be set in harmonization with Harvard norms – APA styles (American Psychological Association 6th edition). The article must fulfill all the formatting and editorial criteria that are available in formatting template at website of the journal in download section. The articles should be prepared in the formatting template.
6. The suggested scheme of article: body of the paper consisting of part corresponding with steps of realization of aims of the paper should be divided into following sections: Introduction / Literature review / Research methodology / Results / Discussions / Conclusions. The detailed requirements are available in formatting template at website of the journal in download section.
7. Specific methodological requirements for research papers:
The papers submitted to Oeconomia Copernicana should contain results of empirical research and are strictly evaluated in regard to their methodological rigor. The required information:
a) dates of research (field work) or time period of the analyzed data;
b) data sources used and the empirical research;
c) description of the data collection methods and source of the data (e.g., national/international official statistics, surveys, interviews, observations, experiments, content analysis etc.);
d) in the case of presentation of survey results: structure of the population, type of the sample, its size and information about its adjustments, as well as sampling error; type of the questions (e.g., open, closed, semi-closed, etc.); authors of methodological tools;
e) description of the methods of data analysis (e.g., also in the case of basic statistical methods such as estimating correlation coefficients – their statistical dependencies must be indicated; when using factor analysis – the percentage of explained variance has to be provided);
f) brief summary on the positive and negative aspects of applied methods: testing of methodological tools, difficulties in the implementation of the initial research concept, discovery of the problems with the methodological tools, unpredictable organizational and methodical situations.
g) in the main body of the article the author must directly refer to all tables and figures, for example: “Figure 1 presents the results…”; “The results of the research given in figure 1 indicate…”. When formatting tables one should indicate specific information about the provided data. The article must provide detailed information on the applied methods.
2021, Volume 12, Issue 1
Impact Factor 2019: 2.128
Quartile in Category Economics: Q2